Subject: RE: RE: Condo Concerns
From: "Tina Stewart" <[email-masked]>
To: "Pam & Al Locking" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 09:55:48 -0400

Sorry, I'm not sure why you are sending this email to me, I don't
believe that I have dealt with you before as I don't have any
information on you. If you have outstanding items from your statutory
warranty form than I would suggest that you speak with your builder's
service representative to have these items addressed.  Also, in order
for you to have the proper coverage you will need to report the air
conditioning and heating complaint  in writing on your next statutory
warranty form and follow the proper timeline to request for Tarion's
assistance and we will be happy to assist you at that time.  In the
meantime, I will let your builder respond to the service issue. 

Regards,

Tina Stewart 
Claims Technical Representative 
Tarion Warranty Corporation 
416-229-9200 ext. 3224 
Fax 416-229-3252 
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>  

________________________________

From: Pam & Al Locking [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2010 11:18 PM
To: [email-masked]; Tina Stewart
Subject: Fw: RE: Condo Concerns

 

Good Morning Wendy and Tina,

I would  like to know if you have heard anything about our counters?  It
has been three months since we sent in our deficiency list and we
haven't heard from Pratt or the kitchen people. 

You  know the problems we have had on the third floor with heat.  The
small fans we bought has not made any difference.  There is no air flow
on one side of the unit as everything is installed near the windows and
blows across to the other wall instead of around the rooms.  We have
installed ceiling fans in every room and it helps in each room, but not
in the hallway and bathrooms.  It gets so hot that it is impossible to
stay in the bathroom to get ready for the day without taking time outs
to cool off from the room.  It is so ridiculous that I have to wonder
who the bright person was who did the heating/a.c. system.    Will Pratt
Homes help pay for the hydro we are using?  Now, we wonder if we will
get the opposite in the winter.  How much insulation is above us?  Not
enough to keep heat out, so perhaps not enough to keep the cold out.  My
husband and I have been so uncomfortable with this problem that we are
looking for answers or a new home.

I don't want to hear politically correct answers, I would like the
truth.  Karen Hansen has skirted around our issues and it is time for
someone to come and experience what we put up with.  Even with the
cooler weather it is terrible.  We don't even get an air flow through
the windows.

In the utility room there seems to have been a hole in the ceiling that
a cap has been put over to cover the hole.  There is no fan to take the
hot air from the washer and dryer in this room or any vent and I was
wondering if this is according to code.  I don't understand why we have
so much duct work in our units and not enough air flow.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Pamela Locking

<http://www.incredimail.com/?id=606430&rui=81679108>  

 

  <http://www.incredimail.com/?id=606430&rui=81679108>